Translate

Friday 18 May 2012

Friday's Ferrari

This is a black and white photograph of a Ferrari at the 1962 British Grand Prix meeting at Aintree, although I don't remember taking it. It looks as if it was taken behind the grandstands at the start/finish line when I was on my way into or out of the circuit and I think it's a 212 Inter.
(Note 31 May 2014: I've since been investigating further and I now think it's a 1952 Ferrari 225 Sport, serial number 0152EL)

The next two photographs were taken during practice at the same meeting  and are of the Ferrari 156 Dino driven by Phil Hill. The paddock was in the centre of the circuit between the start/finish straight and Melling Road and pedestrian access from the main stand was via a tunnel under the racetrack then a pathway of duckboards across the Grand National racecourse. The cars were taken to and from the circuit on a roadway of duckboards and the first photograph below shows a mechanic driving the car back to the paddock from a practice session.

This car's serial number is 0007 62

No comments:

Post a Comment