Translate

Wednesday 13 August 2014

Triumph TR3A

When going to race meetings, as well as taking photographs of the competing cars I've always been in the habit of taking photographs of any cars in the public car parks which catch my eye - and not just expensive supercars or rare and unusual ones. This is one such car which I saw at the Richard Seaman Trophies meeting at Oulton Park in June 1984.
It's a car which I've always called a Triumph TR3A, but this Wikipedia article says that it was only badged as a TR3 and never officially known as a TR3A. It differed externally from the original TR3 in that the original car had a much narrower grille like the earlier TR2, and other minor changes were made. The updated TR3 was produced from 1957 to 1962.

I shall still go on calling it a Triumph TR3A.


No comments:

Post a Comment