Translate

Monday 12 September 2016

Cars Around Hyde

Here are some photographs of cars that I've seen around Hyde recently that are a bit different than the modern ones that I usually see.
This is, I think, a late 1940s Standard 12 or 14 - they apparently share the same body with either a 12hp or 14hp engine.
I caught this car leaving a Shell filling station. It's an Alvis TD21, and I've been able to ascertain that it's a 1961 car, the chassis number being 26643.


Another one seen at the Shell filling station was this Rolls Royce, I think a Silver Spirit from the 1990s.

Lastly one that isn't an old vehicle, but an unusual one for the streets of Hyde.
They're a common enough sight on motorways or the major roads of the country, but I can't say that I've ever seen an Eddie Stobart truck on the back roads of Hyde before. This Scania G410 was making an early morning delivery to a Tesco Express store in the Gee Cross area of Hyde. With a few exceptions all Eddie Stobart vehicles are given female names, and this one is 'Fleur' - you can see the name on the front of the vehicle just below 'Scania'. The fleet number is L7702.

No comments:

Post a Comment