Translate

Thursday 8 December 2016

JBW F1

This car took part in the Historic Grand Prix Car Association Race at the VSCC's Boulogne and Hawthorn Trophies Race Meeting at Oulton Park in May 2005.
It's the 1959 JBW F1 car, built by Brian Naylor and his mechanic Fred Wilkinson round a 2½ litre Maserati engine. I saw this car race in the 1959 British Grand Prix at Aintree and once or twice when as a young schoolboy I used to cycle to Brian Naylor's car showroom on Wellington Road South in Stockport to see what cars he had on display there.
It was driven at this Oulton Park meeting by Marshall Bailey.

1 comment:

  1. Fred was my uncle whom I worked for back in 1956 Fred designed and built the jbw masserati from memory it was a v 16 I had a part to play in the build however small as I was first year apprentice I got to a lot of meetings around the country eg Goodwood oultan park snetterton Silverstone and my favourite brandshatch

    ReplyDelete