Translate

Tuesday 14 February 2017

Sunbeam

Here are two Sunbeams that took part in the AMOC Lighthouse Anglo-American Thoroughbred Challenge race at the Aston Martin Owners Club's race meeting at Oulton Park in May 2002.
This is Christopher Draycott's 1725cc 1965 Sunbeam Alpine Series 5. I've not featured the Series 5 car before, but I showed a photograph of the Sunbeam Alpine Mk1 Alpine Rally Works Team cars on 25 August 2016. There is a Sunbeam Alpine Owners Club for owners of the car.
This car is Chris Beighton's 4940cc 1965 Sunbeam Tiger, so it should be a Mark I with a 4.3 litre engine. I showed a photograph of another Sunbeam Tiger on 15 December 2014 when I pointed out that the Wikipedia article said that there were few surviving cars in standard form. As with the Sunbeam Alpine, there is also a Sunbeam Tiger Owners Club.

No comments:

Post a Comment