Translate

Sunday 16 July 2017

Aston Martin DB3S Coupe

This is a photograph I remember taking at Aintree in the late 1950s or early 1960s, but I can't remember which meeting it was.
It's an Aston Martin DB3S Coupe, and the only thing I can remember about it is that it was driven by Jean Bloxam that day. An internet search has shown the car to be chassis number DB3S/120, which was previously the personal road car of David Brown, then the owner of Aston Martin (and the 'DB' in the Aston Martins of that period), and it seems most likely that my photograph was taken in 1959.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Dave,
    I was just wondering if you have any coloured photos of chassis 120 from that period? I'm looking in particular for a coloured photo of the car under David Brown's ownership, as I believe it was painted in Lavendar. A friend of mine now owns the car and is looking to take the car back to its original colour.
    Thank you
    Andy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andy. I don't have any colour shots of the car - all I had at the time was a Kodak Brownie 127 camera, and you couldn't take colour photos with that. I'm pretty sure the car was then Aston Martin green, though it's a long time ago and I may have misremembered that. I've done a search through the internet and found a couple of items about this car, but neither mention the colour: https://astonmartins.com/car/db3s-coupe/ and http://astonuts.free.fr/PAGES/SirDBandFamily-E.html

      Delete